Fields Institute – McMaster University Programme in the Mathematical Sciences
Programme in the Mathematical Sciences
Call for Proposals The Fields Institute has initiated a new programme to support and promote general scientific activity in the mathematical sciences at McMaster University. Funds to support a variety of activities in the mathematical sciences are now available to scientists and researchers at McMaster. Scientific activities to be supported include, but are not limited to: workshops, seminars, conferences and summer schools in areas currently supported by the Fields Institute. Support for short and long term visits by leading experts is also available. Scientific activities funded through this programme can range in duration from one day to much longer periods and it is anticipated that the proposed budget will range in accordance with the nature and duration of the proposed scientific activity.
Proposals for general scientific activity should be submitted by a member (or members) of the McMaster University community, on behalf of the proposed programme committee. Proposals will be considered by the McMaster/Fields Advisory Panel on an ongoing basis.
Proposals will be evaluated using the following three criteria:
- Quality and scientific merit,
- Contribution to training at all levels, and
- Potential benefits to McMaster University.
Proposals should include:
- A brief description of the topic and the activity
- Names and affiliations of the organizing committee for the programme
- Estimated date(s) and location(s) of scientific activity
- Outline of the specific events to be supported
- Proposed budget
- Dr. N. Balakrishnan, Mathematics & Statistics
- Dr. H. Boden, Mathematics & Statistics
- Dr. B. Hart, Mathematics & Statistics
- Dr. T. Terlaky, Computing and Software
- Dr. M. Valeriote, Mathematics & Statistics