Putnam Competition - first organizational meeting will be Sept.15 at 11:30 in HH/312
Statistician, Data Scientist, Mathematician, and Actuary all placed in the top 11 careers (out of 200) in the 2017 jobs rating report from Careercast.
Chai Molina has won the 2017 CAIMS-SCMAI Cecil Graham Doctoral Dissertation Award, and he has been invited to attend the CAIMS annual meeting which will take place at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia on July 17-21, 2017 to give a lecture on his research and accept the award.
McMaster’s 2016 Putnam team finished 68th in this year’s William Lowell Putnam competition; 415 teams competed. This is the second best performance by McMaster of all-time. The team consisted of Matthew Jordan, Kyle MacDonald and Sang Woo Park. Sang Woo Park in particular did very well finishing 300th out of 4200 participants which is the highest placement by someone from McMaster in recent memory. Full results for the contest can be found at http://kskedlaya.org/putnam-archive/putnam2016results.html
Videos of the Britton Lecture series presented by Professor Fred Adler have been posted.
More Articles ...
- Award-winning poster presentation at the 2016 Winter CMS meeting
- Rhodes Scholar
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
- Statistical Society of Canada - Best Poster Prize
- McMaster Shines in 75th Putnam Competition
- Passing of James Stewart - Professor Emeritus of Mathematics
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad