Welcome to my Homepage!
I am an applied mathematician interested primarily in problems combining the theoretical and computational fluid dynamics with the theory of optimization and control. In addition, I also have a broad interest in applied mathematics and scientific computing. My research is a blend of fundamental investigations in core problems of hydrodynamics and more applied studies relevant for industrial fluid mechanics. I focus on the use of advanced mathematical methods to develop efficient computational algorithms and models useful for studying problems in fluid mechanics. My administrative responsibilities include directing McMaster's School of Computational Science and Engineering.
- 2009 - present -- Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University
- 2004 - 2009 -- Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McMaster University
- 2000 - 2003 -- Post-Doctoral Fellow in Flow Control Lab at the University of California, San Diego (USA)
- 1996 - 2000 -- Doctoral studies at the Warsaw University of Technology (Poland) and Université Pierre et Marie Curie (France) [doctorate "en cotutelle"]
- 1990 - 1995 -- Undergraduate studies at the Warsaw University of Technology (Poland)
My complete CV is available here.
[Honours, Awards, and Invitations]
- 2012 -- Visiting Professorship at Institut PPrime (Université de Poitiers, France), (6 weeks)
- 2011 -- Visiting Professorship at the Warsaw University of Technology (Poland), (1 month)
- 2009 -- Visiting Professorship at Université Bordeaux I (France), (1 month)
- 2008 -- Early Researcher Award (ERA)
- 2007 -- Visiting Position with the "Bridging the Gaps" program at the University of Sheffield, UK, (3 weeks)
- 2006 -- Visiting Professorship at Université Pierre et Marie Curie (France), (1 month)
- 2005 -- Visiting Professorship at École Supérieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles (France), (1 month)
- 2003, 2004 -- Visiting Professorship at École Normale Supérieure (France), (6 months)
- 2003 -- SHARCNET Chair in Scientific Computation
- 1998 -- Polish Society for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Best Paper Award
- 1998 -- Foundation for Polish Science Fellowship
- International Journal of Computer Mathematics (Section B) -- member of Editorial Review Board (2010 - present)